THE 2018 ELLSWORTH O-ROCK EPIC ENDURO
April 28th & 29th, 2018
2 Days of epic back country carving
- Enduro World Series Qualifier Event ( EMBA membership required PRIOR to event to collect EWS Qualifier Series ranking points)
- Final Stop for the 2018 Southern Enduro Tour
- $5300 Pro PURSE
- Huge $3000 raffle to all riders!
- Sweet hats are ordered! ONLY the first 150 get them. High quality, half flat bill, half shaped. Loads of cool color waves!
- In our 4th edition of the O-Rock Epic Enduro, we are extremely excited to introduce the most achievable (doable) version yet. No, it’s still not easy and will still be Epic so please come prepared.
- Tasty and Quality Dinners (Lunches on course with the best view possible)
- STAY Tuned as we continue to work out more details and final registration info. Other fun @ facebook.com/kodiaktough and Videos on youtube – kodiaktough
SCROLL DOWN FOR ACCOMMODATIONS.
What is the O-Rock Epic Enduro?
Description: 2 days of truly big mountain riding in Oklahoma mountains. Vertical descending in the thousands of feet over (11 stages 8000ft descending). Stages will be from 5 to 20+ minutes long. Multiple shuttles per day and fully stocked support is the only way to attempt such big days. The Epic Enduro will let you go places you never imagined.
PLEASE READ: The area is very rugged, remote, and can be dangerous if you don’t know your way. Please only go in groups or with someone who truly knows the way. Wildlife, many trail intersections, and serious climbs can make a wrong turn very bad. This is why we are extremely excited to bring you this event and are doing so with 6-10 in support staff, and literally tons of water, ice, and food.
PRE RIDE INFO
We are going to help and support every rider to see as many stages (hopefully all) prior to racing. Please pay close attention to shuttle schedule and recommended procedure. PLEASE USE extreme caution and watch for other trail users.
Thursday – Mostly self shuttle. There will be an afternoon shuttle to see 1-5.
Friday – Supported shuttle for practice for all stages. Make sure your triceps are on point – you will descend 4000-7000ft during practice.
We will have entire schedule available in a few days to see shuttle times are for which stages.
INFO BELOW will be helpful in 2018 planning
In our 4th edition of the O-Rock Epic Enduro, we are extremely excited to introduce the most achievable (doable) version yet. No, it’s still not easy and will still be Epic so please come prepared.
We are making changes because we want more folks to share this amazing place, and hopefully more will be likely to give it a try if it’s just a little less intimating. There will also be great support to get you through the day – but just in case we can bail you out at lunch each day.
The routes will be a little shorter. All mileage is approximate however very close. Drop is in stages only – you will have approximately 8000 ft total drop and 4700 ft of climbing over 2 days of riding. YOU CAN DO IT!
Saturday / 21.5 miles / Almost 4000 ft of drop in 5 stages and 2 shuttles.
Sunday / 20.5 miles. / Approximately 2900 ft of drop in 6 stages and 2 shuttles.
We will NOW have 2 shuttles each day! Saving you a little time and energy to get through the day faster and hopefully more enjoyable. Giving you approximately 3200 ft of shuttling over 2 race days.
*Riders must sign up for their prospective shuttle. Slower Amateur first, mid pack Amateur, fast Amateur, Expert, then Pros.
*We will do waves of only 45-60 riders from the race venue.
*Time on shuttle will be much shorter this year – 15-20 minutes to drop point.
*Shuttles will leave every 35-40 minutes.
What not to forget or need to KNOW:
*YES, This event is almost fully supported. But, this is back country riding, you need to be as fit as you can be and responsible for yourself and your bike to keep moving.
*Equipment Reminder – Big durable tires! Derailleur hanger, plugs, inflation, fresh ASB sealant, and anything custom to your bike. COME prepared.
*Sunscreen & bug spray.
If you have any questions please feel free to email us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses will be announced and marked Thursday and Friday day before event and shuttles will be available for some runs.
EWSQ REMINDER Riders will need to have a EWS membership prior to the O-Rock Epic Enduro race in order to be eligible to collect EWS Global Ranking points. Points will not be assigned retroactively if riders purchase the membership after the race.
Riders can purchase / renew their 2018 EMBA/EWS memberships at : http://www.enduroworldseries.com/emba-membership/ .
- ENTRY INCLUDES:
- Shuttles and logistics to complete 2 of the most fun and epic days of riding in the region.
- Meals will include lunch and dinner each day as well as tons of snacks, water, soda, hydration, and ice.
- Quality Event Swag ( shirt or hat or glass)
- Professional high-end timing powered by Sport IDENT (“flying starts”)
- Awards and Prizes. CASH top 5 Open men, Cash Top 5 Open Women, Sweet prizes and awards for other classes.
- LIVE music at least one night and good mix of other tunes entire time…with horseshoes, corn hole, and hydration
- Use Fees
- Special fun event…
Big Cedar RV Park and Campgrounds is base camp. Start/ finish for each day. Shuttle will leave from here.
Big Cedar RV Park & Cabins
21823 State Highway 63
Big Cedar, Oklahoma 74939 Phone & Reservations: (918) 525-2637**
**There is only small number of cabins that fit 2-5 people. Please fill them completely. **RV spots are first come first serve, and camping is only $15. There are showers and bathroom. Also, a nice creek paralleling property to refresh in. Other RV’s maybe available.
- 2 miles (4min) Away at Gibby Bike camp. The place of Dinner/Music on Saturday. There a Rooms that can sleep 2 and other option. w/ breakfast, shower, outdoor potties. 360-480-4920 https://www.facebook.com/GibbysBikerCampLLC
- 2 miles (6min): http://kiamichicabins-rv.com 3 Cabins and 8 RV spots. 940-657-4777
- 7 miles (12min) away on HWY63 http://www.billycreekcabins.com/ Currently 1 cabin available. Can sleep 4 people.
- 7 miles (15min) away on 259 at Top of Mountain! http://peckerwoodknob.com/ 580-494-7333 2 different cabins. Sleep 4 and 6
- 10 miles (15min) away http://www.talking-trees.com fishing,horseshoes and close to Cedar LAKE -2 cabins
- 10 miles (25min) away has a LODGE that can sleep lots or have more intimate place A-Z Guest Ranch that has Great cozy places and awesome food.
Still working on South of event trailer rental.
Tentative Ride Schedule:
Friday: Practice/Shuttle (more info to come on this) Plan to shuttle multiple times and do 4-5 runs Will be morning session and afternoon session. Dinner @7PM & Packet pick-up
Saturday: Riders meeting @8:30AM Shuttles leave immediate afterward Packet & Timing pick-up @ 7 to 8am.
Sunday: Riders meeting @8:30Am Shuttles leave immediate afterward